[WoW] Holy Paladin Shadowfang Keep and Heroic Nerfs Commentary

In this video I go through SFK heroic and comment on the recent heroic nerfs as well the nerfs blizzard is planning on implement in the next patch regarding heroics.
I also announce my new main in regards to raiding.

Hope you guys enjoy.

(press read more for video)

9 thoughts on “[WoW] Holy Paladin Shadowfang Keep and Heroic Nerfs Commentary

  1. Hello,
    Great video first off. Was wondering why you weren’t using Holy Shock or Word of Glory that often? That helps a lot in a pinch. Thanks for all you do. Take care!

  2. Strike that previous comment, upon watching further into the video I could see you were using both. Great vids again, off to the optometrist now lol.

  3. Thanks for this vid, and best of luck with your Dwarf Holydin!

    I had actually rolled a Dwarf pally myself some time back to take a crack at healing at some point(I chose Dwarf pally since Dwarf Holydin has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it, even though my main is a Hordeside DPS/OS Tank warrior). Nice to actually see some tips and tricks to get him working correctly since, well, I am a *complete* noob at healing. I think i healed two dungeons in Vanilla, one in TBC and one in Wrath. (Dungeons, not heroics. mid level dungeons.)

    The Heroic nerfs to sorta confuse me too. Though they did add buffs too, which I think confuses me even more-if adding buffs, why nerf anyway? Who knows. I admit though I won’t miss some of the DM trash that goes away. I love the thing with Valiona’s breath. It is the biggest, most obvious ”DO NOT STAND HERE” breath I’ve ever seen. :p

    Look forward to yet more vids for sure! :)

  4. WOW… What a rant that was ๐Ÿ˜‰

    I agree with you 99%, just on mere principle. The other 1% of me thinks this is a business and it doesn’t matter if the encounter is already easy as pie. What matters is that people are happy… and people got accustomed to WotLK. So might as well keep on a-diggin this whole and bury WoW while we’re at it why don’t we?

    P.S. I kinda get the feeling you enjoy a challenge, dunno why… call it an intuition. You’ll love feral tanking then ๐Ÿ˜‰ AoE has been and continues to be a royal pain in the ass; though I fear the spec is not as complete as, say, a warrior’s or a paladin’s is. I refuse to have a paladin tank cuz they appear to be easy mode tanks, I refuse to have a DK tank cuz it looks to me like they are quite lacking in that regard (just roll over the dps abilities with extra threat… done!), and feral tanking is quite repetitive on single targets and too difficult/spammy on multiple targets… smart money is on the warrior I’d say. I always regarded the warrior as the original tank and if I had to bet, I’d say it’s also the most fun ๐Ÿ˜‰

  5. Holy crap!

    I mean what the hell? At some point you stopped playing wow pretending you had to be a palatank to be able to do the job right (remember that automatic ardent defender huh) and you stated you wanted to be a warrior no matter how nerfed it was compared to facerolladins!

    Now I come home from work and see you’ve released a new video and tell myself “Great let’s have some fun!” and what do I discover? You are healing… and that’ll be your main spec for raiding! Omg! You’ve joined the dark side… or should I even say the light one O_O

    I kinda hated you for like 5 seconds and then I realised that this was awesome! The best tank I’ve ever seen was now powning at healing as well! I mean you’re a genious dude! It is just so cool to have you pov of healing as well ๐Ÿ˜€ And omg can’t wait to see the druids stuff when leveling :)

    You’re videos Rurikhan are BY FAR the best wow videos on the entire internet! Clear, great quality, you take time to tell the right stuff and I end watching it as a film! Pretty sure you’ll end up blowing Swifty’s / Hobbs’ / Athene’s number of views!

    Great job, and thank you very much for giving me such entertaining moments!

    • It’s not because I don’t want to play prot warrior, because I totally do, and it’s still my favorite spec / playstyle of all time.

      However I also want to play with my friends, and tanks are already taken care of and since my warrior can’t heal, we tried using him to bandage people but I couldn’t really pull off as much HPS as the other healers so opted to use my paladin instead ๐Ÿ˜› .

      Thanks a bunch for the support, none of this would be possible without it !

  6. hey rurikhan!

    I loved ur video and I agree on some of the nerfs.
    Im wondering if u can be so gentle and make us a video of ur paladins spec and qlyphs.
    If u would do that I would have been so glad :)

  7. Religion can make it worse. Are you supposing that if people were encouraged to believe in a transcendent reality, and to be encouraged by grand rituals and music and preaching, to love their neighbors, then they would put jealousy and frustration aside?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.